Friday, June 21, 2013

It's summertime! Weekend DIY making denim shorts for the summer

Hey there Fashionalities readers! I’m Adrian and I blog over at Adrian Loves Owls. Today, I'm sharing the easiest DIY with you all! I'm sure you've all made cutoffs from old denim jeans before, right? Well, I'm going to show how to make these super easy scoop cut offs.
Step 1: Find a pair of shorts you own that are a good length. Place them on top of the jeans that you plan to cut and then mark the length with painters tape.
Step 2: Draw a scoop on one of the pant legs. I used a sharpie to draw it, but it would probably be a better idea to use chalk, if you have it. That way, it's less permanent. 
Step 3: Cut one of the pant legs off!
Step 4: Fold the pant leg that you cut off and copy the scoop onto the other leg so that the length is identical on both sides. 
Step 5: Cut off the second pant leg. You'll want to try it on and see if you like the length. Mine was longer than I wanted so I trimmed of another couple inches. I always cut less than I need to at first. The worst thing you can do is to cut them too short!
After you've got them cut at a good length, you're done! Easy-Peasy!
I hope you enjoyed this little spinoff of original cutoffs! I'd love it if you would stop by my blog, Adrian Loves Owls, and say hello! Thanks for letting me share my DIY with your readers, Natasha!

No comments: