Friday, May 17, 2013

Springtime fabulousness with Royal Jelly Harlem


Royal Jelly Harlem Spring 2013 Collection

Royal Jelly Harlem Spring 2013 Collection by fashionalities on Polyvore

I asked designer, Maya Gorgoni of Royal Jelly Harlem a few questions.:

-What was your inspiration for the Spring 2013 line?
Our inspiration for the SS13 was girlish, whimsical, innocence. The pastels reminding me of Cotton Candy at a Carnival or the lightness you feel when riding a Ferris Wheel or Carousel! 

-Where do you see this lady going/events attending...where do you see her wearing these pieces?
I see this omniscient, powerful Woman at Gallery & Art openings, going to the Farmers' market or local park, Garden or Tea party, riding her bike to/from work or picking up the kids from school.  Most of all Enjoying everyday and celebrating the beautify of life! 

-How do you see your customer styling these pieces--accessories.
I always respect a Fashionista most when a story is told thru her choice of clothes. Mixing prints and patterns, great vintage pieces, a pop of lip color, hats, cool jewlery and always fab footwear and a fun bag. 

-What is inspiring you right now?

I am inspired right now by the beautiful spring colors of Mother Nature and the anticipation & excitement of the approaching Summer! Eating great meals and enjoying being outdoors as much as possible. Wearing comfortable cotton clothing and Living as Royally as I possibly can!

I love seeing how she is wearing the pieces she designs.  The details from the beautiful African prints, to the flattering silhouettes and pockets make me excited about every piece!  

Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the Spring 2013 line.  Secretly, I LOVE them all...but, here are a few to get you excited to check out the entire collection here.  Plus, there are some pieces from previous collection on sale right now too!

Stay tuned for a collab with MZ Wallace in June for some fab handbags!  

No comments: