Saturday, October 06, 2012

Fall staple: the Anorak



As it slowly starts to cool down in Arizona for the fall it's fun to start thinking about coats.  One of the most practical and classic styles to wear in AZ is the anorak.  It's not too heavy and so versatile.  It seems to add a funky edge to whatever you wear...but, it has also become the new trench.  A classic that can be dressed up or down.  I love how a belt can transform the look of an anorak that can usually be so casual.  The cinching of the waist like the look below gives the anorak more options.  How do you rock your anorak?

I was given the opportunity of choosing a cute coat from Macy's and style it.  I chose the MICHAEL Michael Kors Anorak.  Like I said, I like dressing the anorak up with an unexpected pairing.  So, I'm wearing it with a flowy dress from Anthro and my go-to-boots this fall from Target.

Why did I choose this anorak?  I love the brozny color of the hardware.  I think it goes with more items not being gold or silver.  I'm used to seeing the army green anoraks everywhere, but I found it refreshing to find a neutral khaki color that will go with everything.  I also liked that I had the option of removing the hood if I wanted.  Sometimes they can be too bulky when you don't need them.  I know I'm going to wear this nonstop for years to come.

Styling inspiration from Pinterest:

The Anorak


Michael kor
macys.com


Burberry
burberry.com



I worked with GigaSavvy on this post.

No comments: