Friday, April 29, 2011

Indian Inspiration

Top
$298 - anthropologie.com

lemlem — Marta Gauze Dress
$220 - lemlem.com





Caftans are always in style for me!  The only sad thing is that as easy, breazy as the caftan looks for some reason they are always so expensive.  I really want to make my own...but, here are the ones I really want.:

  • I have been gushing over the lemlem designs since the first time I've seen them!  They also teamed up with my fave, J. Crew to sell these beautiful pieces!  
  • I just found these Brooklyn made caftans by two.  I want everything!  The colors, the prints, everything is gorgeous!  Plus, they are all made in New York!
  • Today I received an email from Anthro that made me super excited!  For the month of May they were inspired by INDIA and have items that are reflective of a caftan and other styles similar to Indian clothing.  I can't wait to get the catalog!  
I can't wait to see the caftans sold in the Calpyso collection at Target on May 1st!  The countdown is on!
    Tory Burch and Rachel Roy are inspired by India.



    The Resort 2011 line which I just purchased a pair of pants from was inspired by India meets the Alps.  I think that Tory is always inspired by India though with the colors, prints and styles like tunics she always uses.

    Not only, is Rachel half Indian, she also incorporates her love of the county in her designs which I love.  This season she has earrings that I am gushing over and have to have right now!:)  Plus, much more!

    2 comments:

    Kimberly said...

    I scored a Rachel Zoe for QVC caftan (usually $70 and still available online) for only $9 at a little local shop that sells QVC/HSN returns and overstocks. I have floated around the house in it this week and am in major love with it!

    Anonymous said...

    I am absolutely over the moon for a great caftan. I'm smitten with lemlem. Great post -thanks for sharing!

    Stylishly yours,
    Kalyn