Thursday, November 18, 2010

The must-have item to own after having a baby: THE TRENCH


Rachel Rachel Roy Trench, $159
Worn as a dress!
I just had an aha moment after watching Rachel Roy on the Nate Berkus show today (I DVRed) and then youtubing everything she's had on Youtube to realize that this is the item I've needed since having my baby and working on getting back to my pre-baby size.  The trench will always be flattering on every body and will be perfect for any occasion.
After watching everything I brought all of my trenches out of the coat closet to start wearing until my transitional period is over...I am also planning a trip to the thrift store and Buffalo Exchange to see what I can find...the sky is the limit these days with all of the colors and prints you can find.  Plus, you can do a DIY similar to this fall's Burberry line where they basically took the sleeves off...I should have my version back from the seamstress tomorrow and I will share.  You can also update your trench/dress look with a fab new belt to cinch you in at the waist.

Have fun and feel free to share your trench dress pics!

Norma Kamali for Walmart ONLY $18 on sale from $35...the other two colors are still $35 (black and cranberry)

Mossimo Target Trench...I like this because it's gray.  $49.99

Sleeveless Trench Coat sold on Etsy (handmade) and styled as a dress, $175

No comments: