Monday, May 25, 2009

Double the Fun: Olsen Twins




These fashionistas might insist that they are 2 different people, but---in fashion----their 2 minds are much greater than 1....I still remember their line @ Wal-Mart...back then, of course...I didn't buy anything because it was aimed @ their then audience---little girls ranging from 2-10ish...Today, they have expanded to the elite fashion industry...they aren't like other celeb designers like J L0, Lauren Conrad, or Kimora...they take the back seat and do the instructing without necessarily placing their name on everything.  And the result is high fashion that reflects their personal style that we all LOVE!  (Well, most of us)  I love it!  I just hope they can take the line to a more accessible price point like they started off with.  Until then, you can find deals for their lines, The Row and Elizabeth & James (names after their siblings) on Shop Style, Outnet, and Shop It To Me.
The ladies coffee table book, "Influence," which I found to be a great way to find out what inspires these fashionista's and a way to be inspired by all of the industry insiders that the Olsen's interviewed.  The book reminds me of a collage of all of their ideas and thoughts...kind of like an inspiration board.  I have 1 signed copy to give away to the person who share who INFLUENCES their style in a comment below.

Spotted:
Who What Wear Daily's take on the new Elizabeth & James shoes.
PopSugar shares a pic of an Olsen girl working the carpet!
Fashionolgie shares info about Ashley Olsen being a fashion insider.
WWD shared info on the new shoe line:
-shoes will be sold @ Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus.
-prices will range from $195-500.
-height of heel can be as high as 5".
-shoes will be licensed by Steve Madden.

4 comments:

Q. said...

My style jumps all over the place but I stick to the classic, americana beauty. I have dark brown hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. I find the red, white, and blue style looks best on me. So many times I pull inspiration from Leighton Meester's character on Gossip Girl. I know it's juvenile, but their clothing is fantastic.

Tee said...

My inspirations has drastically changed in the last couple years. The past year I have been inspired by Miroslava Duma she is an editor for Harper Bazaar Russia. She has made me put thought into the piece I wear. Also she wear alot of vintage pieces. She talked about an interview along time ago and that what made me fall in the love with vintage. So I am always on the hunt for pieces that have character. Now I just want piece that have character

Unknown said...

Winner is.....TASHA! Congrats! I will email you for your information!
xoxo
Thanks for the comments!

Unknown said...

i love their style so much. do you know a site that is specific to their fashion style???