Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Trade Delights: Other People's "So Over It", is My Must-Have

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Buffalo Exchange and other companies that are about trading your gently used clothing for cash or trade...but, sometimes I just don't feel as though you get enough bang for your buck...and so, comes the trade...in New York I attended about 3 clothing swap parties that were AMAZING!  The best part about it was that we were all in the industry and were able to attain fashion items (designer and great vintage) easily so it was perfect trading...I still have a DVF dress and some fab vintage suede boots from those days...well, recently I decided that I had some items that I just couldn't give up to Buffalo and I wasn't wearing so I had a clothing swap party and even though everyone on the invite list didn't show, it was a HUGE success and the owner of Stems will be having another that I am saving up for at the end of the month!
But, something new has come about that I would have never considered, an online swap!  How genius!  It's basically called, Swap Style and allows fashionistas to join this group that allows you to have "guilt-free shopping."  How can anyone say no???  (I am going to experience this shopping experience and ask the creator a few questions and share...let me know if there are any questions people want answered.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

try www.bigwardrobe.com! x