Monday, January 26, 2009

Cover Beauty




I am talking about foundation.  I have never been one that is able to wear foundation...I could never find a color that would match my mixed skin that can't really be labelled and it always felt so heavy on my face....but, there are days when I truly need some coverage when I have a "bump" (ok, zit) or my skin isn't looking its best and I need a little help from a coverage to make my color look even.  Prescriptives has custom-blended foundation that can do just that....the brand can actually resemble my in between color (for those who don't know I am black and white:).  

Like I said, I really don't wear foundation unless I go in and get my makeup done and the artist insists that I need to have some...so,  Jillian Veran, Prescriptives Director of Artistry answered the BIG question of what you need to use to apply foundation.  See a portion of the interview answering this question below:

  • Applying foundation is a personal preference and each method creates a different finish. Using your fingers will allow for a sheerer finish; a sponge is a little tricky for a non-makeup artist as it can place a lot of foundation in one spot so be sure to move quickly across the areas you are applying to; a brush is always great as it helps you create a very smooth even finish.
  • Also, I always recommend using the Px Buff Brush after your foundation is dry to soften the look of the makeup and create a sheer air brushed effect.
Also, right now, if you purchase a Prescriptives foundation during the All Skins promo, they will give you a foundation brush with the purchase of any foundation (worth $17).

No comments: