Tuesday, December 12, 2006

How do Designers just fall off...




I hate the way that sounds...but, how do designers fall off? Designers like Mary McFadden, a designer that I think would prevail with the Indian/ethnic designs that are strong today...Today, my mother found a piece at Goodwill (for me:) so I decided to look up this mystery designer and to my surprise it was an amazing find...how could I have not know about Mary? How come all designers can live on like Chanel or Versace...Mary McFadden is a designer from the 70's and 80's that closed down in 2002...but, why...
I did a search for this Historical Fashion figure and found some great information on JC Report, citing that:
"Celebrities are already on to the movement as evidenced by a sighting of Sarah Jessica Parker wearing an electric blue pleated-velvet Mary McFadden dress during her press junket last month in Tokyo. "This was Spring of last year...but, who would have known...this takes vintage to another level with history...
You can find out more about this mystery designer by reading: Mary McFadden, High Priestess of High Fashion: A Life in Haute Couture, Decor and Design.

No comments: